Bollywood has given me a warm welcome: Asin (Film Snippets)December 31st, 2008 - 9:43 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 31 (IANS) With another exciting Bollywood film in her kitty, South Indian actress Asin Thottumkal, who recently made her Bollywood debut with Aamir Khan-starrer “Ghajini”, says she has received a warm welcome by the industry.Asin’s next Hindi film is Vipul Shah’s “London Dreams” which also stars Salman Khan and Ajay Devgan.
“I was approached for ‘London Dreams’ while I was shooting for ‘Ghajini’. I don’t know how they found out about me. I have just finished a long schedule of shooting the film abroad and some of it is still left.
“But I feel I have received a very warm welcome to Bollywood. Both my initial projects are with good banners, actors and filmmakers. I feel lucky and blessed,” she told IANS.
No New Year’s resolution for Sonali Bendre
While all other judges on music reality show “Indian Idol” unravelled their respective resolutions for the New Year, actress Sonali Bendre said she doesn’t believe in making any resolutions at all.
When she made the statement, writer-poet Akhtar quipped: “It is her birthday on the first of January and she is too busy on that day to make any resolutions.”
In 2009, Sonali will turn 34.
Tisca Chopra - a lucky charm for debutant directors?
After starring in Bollywood star Aamir Khan’s hit directorial debut “Taare Zameen Par”, actress Tisca Chopra also features in critically acclaimed “Firaaq”, which is Nandita Das’ first film as a director.
While “Taare Zameer Par” emerged winner at the box office, “Firaaq” has won many accolades on the international arena even before its commercial release.
“I hope I’m lucky for them,” Tisca quipped.
Based on the 2002 Godhra incident in Gujarat, “Firaaq” has already been screened at several international film festivals including the Toronto Film Festival.
Tisca plays an educated urban upper class woman in the film contrary to her role of a middle-class housewife in “Taare Zameen Par”.
“Firaaq” is set for Jan 23 release.
- Rare diseases are now highlighted by Indian cinema - Apr 10, 2012
- Acting easier than writing: Tisca Chopra - Jul 09, 2011
- Asin wants to reach masses with commercial films - Jul 05, 2012
- Tisca Chopra's wish list! - Dec 24, 2009
- Aamir wants wife Kiran in limelight for 'Dhobi Ghat' - Nov 13, 2010
- Aishwarya defines Bollywood: British model Scarlett - May 25, 2012
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
- Southern film industry can wait: Asin Thottumkal - Mar 20, 2012
- Aamir is 'Mr.Midas touch', says Salman - Aug 11, 2010
- Aamir regards uncle Nasir Hussain as guru - Sep 05, 2010
- Sanjay Suri back with film on stifled childhood - Apr 28, 2012
- Aamir's TV show delays 'Talaash' release - Mar 14, 2012
- Asin wants to do only commercial movies - Mar 22, 2012
- I respect Salman but don't desire him: Asin - Oct 05, 2011
- Aamir doesn't interfere: Abhinay Deo - May 08, 2011