Bogollogama to invite Indian PM for SAARC meetJune 14th, 2008 - 2:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 14 (IANS) Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Rohitha Bogollogama will arrive here Sunday to invite Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the SAARC summit in August. He will also discuss bilateral and regional issues with Indian leaders. The next meeting of the heads of state and government of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka Aug 2-3.
At his meeting with Manmohan Singh Monday evening, the foreign minister is expected to discuss recent developments in his country and areas of bilateral cooperation.
The Sri Lankan high commission here said that Bogollogama will hand over invitations to Manmohan Singh and External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee to attend the SAARC summit.
Mukherjee will host a “working lunch” for Bogollogama at the Hyderabad House here Monday. The two leaders will have a detailed discussion on the Sri Lanka situation as well as areas of bilateral cooperation.
“We have very good relations with India and our foreign minister will take the opportunity to apprise the Indian leadership about some of the recent developments in Sri Lanka and also talk about areas of mutual concern and interest,” Sri Lankan High Commissioner C.R. Jayasinghe told IANS.
Elections held for a new Eastern Regional Council in May and the military offensive against the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) are likely to be discussed.
- Sri Lankan Foreign Minister meets Pranab Mukherjee - Jun 17, 2008
- India supports Sri Lankan reconciliation, to stay engaged - Jun 29, 2012
- PM leaves for SAARC summit, to push for free trade - Nov 09, 2011
- Sri Lanka assures India over devolution package (Second Lead) - Oct 16, 2010
- Manmohan, Rajapaksa discuss Tamil refugees, devolution (Second Lead) - Oct 15, 2010
- Manmohan, Rajapaksa to meet in Maldives, Tamil issue on agenda - Nov 09, 2011
- India, Sri Lanka agree on JWG meeting to resolve fishermen issue - Nov 11, 2011
- Manmohan, Sheikh Hasina may discuss Teesta in Maldives - Nov 07, 2011
- Not ruling out Singh-Gilani meeting in Bhutan: Krishna - Apr 26, 2010
- Foreign secretaries meet on agenda for Manmohan-Gilani meeting - Nov 08, 2011
- SAARC officials firm up agenda for Nov 10-11 summit - Nov 07, 2011
- Sri Lanka, Israel hold bilateral trade talks - Apr 23, 2012
- Will visit Pakistan after action on 26/11: PM - Nov 12, 2011
- Connect universities, hospitals of South Asia: Sibal - Sep 09, 2011
- South Asia's leaders to accelerate trade, to jointly combat terror - Nov 11, 2011