Boeing to deliver 100 aircraft to India in five yearsMarch 14th, 2012 - 11:33 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 14 (IANS) The Boeing Co. has an order book of 100 aircraft from India including 37 B-787 Dreamliners and plans to deliver them over four to five years, a top company official said.
Dinesh Keskar, Boeing India president and Senior Vice President (Sales), Asia-Pacific and India, told reporters at India Aviation 2012 here Wednesday that the orders include 43 from Jet Airways, 40 from Air India and 30 from Spicejet.
Boeing, which is showcasing the Dreamliner here, plans to start delivering the aircraft to Air India in April-June. The state carrier has placed orders for 27 of these aircraft. Three Boeing 777s.
Keskar said delivery of 10 B-787s to Jet Airways would only start in 2014. The private airline has also ordered 43 Boeing 737s. Spicejet will receive 30 Boeing-737s in the next four to five years.
He was confident that Dreamliner, with its fuel efficiency, long distance capability with mid-size capacity and higher cargo carrying capacity would turn around Air India.
Keskar did not agree that the financial problems faced by Boeing’s Indian customers would impact on the deliveries. “We have been prudent. We have been only selling to Air India, Jet Airways and Spicejet. We are making sure they have business plans and everything that make sense to us,” he said.
He also made it clear that Boeing would continue to build aircraft for these airlines, irrespective of the finance model they chose.
He said that out of 33,500 aircraft worth $4 trillion the world requires in next 20 years, India would account for 1,320 aircraft worth $150 billion dollars. About 80 percent of them will be B-777 and Airbus A-320-type aircraft.
- Air India to get demo-trial on Boeing 787 next week - Jul 06, 2011
- Boeing to deliver first 787 Dreamliner to Air India next year (Lead) - Nov 09, 2010
- Air India's new MRO coming up in Nagpur - Sep 04, 2012
- Ajit Singh calls Air India unions for talks (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Air India negotiating for 'just compensation' for Boeing-787 delays - May 23, 2011
- Air India, Boeing negotiate 'just compensation' for delays (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner to land at IGI airport Wednesday - Jul 12, 2011
- Air India to get first 787 Dreamliner by 2011-end - Feb 09, 2011
- AI entitled to $145 m from Boeing for delayed aircraft: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Many Indian companies involved in Dreamliner project: Boeing - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India to get first 787 Dreamliners by year end - Feb 09, 2011
- Air India's first Dreamliner arrives after 4-year wait - Sep 08, 2012
- Boeing-787 Dreamliner showcased at Delhi airport (Lead, correcting figure in para 11) - Jul 13, 2011
- Air India rebuts claims, says not a party in case against ExIm - Feb 20, 2012
- UAE airline places $2.8 bn order for Boeing planes - Dec 13, 2011
Tags: 787 dreamliners, air india, airbus a 320, b 777, boeing 737s, boeing 777s, boeing co, carrying capacity, dreamliner, finance model, fuel efficiency, india aviation, indian customers, jet airways, private airline, senior vice president, spicejet, state carrier, type aircraft, vice president sales