Bodyguard who complained of sexual harassment suspendedMay 3rd, 2008 - 4:31 pm ICT by admin
Patna, May 3 (IANS) A policeman who had accused a Bihar Congress legislator of sexual harassment, has been suspended, official sources said Saturday. Bal Yogeshwar Sharma was suspended by the state government for violation of service rules because he made his charges against Sunita Devi public before lodging a complaint with his department, police sources said.
Sharma, who worked as the lawmaker’s bodyguard for two years, lodged a complaint at the Kotwali police station here April 29, charging her with sexual exploitation from 2006.
The legislator denied the charge by her former bodyguard and told IANS the policeman was trying to blackmail her.
Sunita Devi is the Congress legislator from Korha assembly seat in Katihar district, about 180 km from the state capital here.
Superintendent of Police, Patna, Anwar Hussain said the police have received permission from the chief judicial magistrate to begin probe into the complaint lodged by Sharma against the legislator.
The Congress party has set up a three-member committee to probe the allegation.
- Police official alleges sexual exploitation by woman legislator - Apr 30, 2008
- CBI probe demanded into Bihar girl's suicide - Sep 06, 2012
- Bihar student's suicide: rights body seeks report - Sep 07, 2012
- 'Rajasthan Police arrested man on false charge' - Apr 12, 2012
- Opposition for judicial probe into Bihar legislator's killing - Jan 05, 2011
- Woman kills Bihar legislator who allegedly raped her (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh ex-official faces sexual harassment case - Nov 27, 2011
- Case filed over assault on killer Bihar teacher - Jan 09, 2011
- Cop suspended for not cooperating in Assam youth's death-probe - Jul 26, 2012
- Entire police station staff shifted after baton-charge - Sep 16, 2011
- Rights panels urged to probe Bihar police assault on women - Sep 17, 2011
- RJD MP attacked in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Bhojpuri singer's charge of misbehaviour to be probed - Feb 22, 2011
- Maoist supply chain busted in Chhattisgarh; 3 held - Jun 14, 2012
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011