Body of six-year-old girl found, father alleges human sacrificeOctober 9th, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 9 (IANS) The body of a six-year-old girl was found near a temple in Uttar Pradesh, police said Thursday. The girl’s father has alleged she was killed as part of a human sacrifice ritual. The body was found in a pond near a temple in Nadirkurmiyan village in Chitrakoot district, 280 km from here, late Wednesday.
“The girl was missing since Tuesday. Her father Chupka lodged a missing complaint with us,” Inspector P.K. Pandey of Rajapur police station told IANS by phone.
Chupka alleged his daughter had been drowned as part of a sacrificial ritual, he added.
In a police complaint, Chupka named five people of the village. He told police they were involved in practising black magic and quite often sacrificed animals to appease gods.
“All the accused are at large and we are making efforts to nab them,” Pandey added.
- Was there a human sacrifice at an Indian temple? - Apr 18, 2010
- 7 child labourers drown in Rajasthan - Apr 10, 2012
- Two boys drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 18, 2012
- Malaysian girl dies during exorcism ritual - Aug 07, 2012
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- Six, including three schoolgirls, drown in Assam - Jul 26, 2010
- Two young boys drown in a Rajasthan pond - Aug 10, 2012
- Mutilated body of seven-year-old girl found in Bihar - Aug 16, 2009
- Four of a family drown in pond - Sep 21, 2010
- Two more children drown in pond in Rajasthan - Aug 19, 2012
- Four children drown in Godavari river - May 16, 2010
- Father, uncle booked for honour killing in Maharashtra - Apr 09, 2012
- Two girls drown in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- Tantrik beheads boy for 'divine powers' - Feb 23, 2012
- Two kids drown in holy pond in Punjab - Aug 02, 2010