Body of BBA student found in pieces in DelhiSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 12:08 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 2 (IANS) The chopped body of a 23-year-old Bachelor of Business Administrative (BBA) student, with the head missing, were found near a railway track here, police said Sunday. Police suspect suicide attempt while victim’s family claim murder.
Parts of Paras Bhasin’s body were found scattered near east Delhi’s Pandav Nagar railway track Saturday afternoon.
His father Sanjeev Bhasin said: “My son left home at around 3.30 p.m. Saturday and around 4.15 p.m. we received a call about his death from an unknown number.”
“I rushed to the Pandav Nagar track with my family and informed police,” said Sanjeev.
Police said victim’s body parts have been sent to Lal Bahadur Shastri hospital for post-mortem while his head is still missing.
“Initial investigation suggest that it was a suicide attempt as victim’s body parts were received within 100 metres radius. In 90 per cent cases it happens when someone comes in contact with a speeding train,” said a police officer.
However, the victim’s family claim that it is a cold-blooded murder and they suspect the hand of the family of his girlfriend, whom he alleged married secretly.
“Paras secretly married a girl, who belongs to a rich family and currently stays in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad, in May against the wishes of her father,” said Uday Bhasin, victim’s brother.
“The girl’s father used to threaten Paras to end up the relationship. He also used to call my father to warn Paras,” alleged Uday.
Uday said that despite the threats, they married but the girl is living with her family and Paras was living with us as he wanted to disclose their relationship after completing his studies and starting a business, said Uday.
Police said that we are investigating from all possible angles whether it was a suicide or there is any foul play in the case.
- Body in pieces: Police question victim's friend - Sep 04, 2012
- Police find suicide note in BBA student's death - Sep 05, 2012
- BBA student's death: Police get autopsy report - Sep 07, 2012
- Headless Torso Found in 16 Pieces Across Delhi - Sep 03, 2012
- Headless Torso Found in 16 Pieces across Delhi, India - Sep 04, 2012
- Honour killing: Brother arrested in Haryana - May 28, 2012
- Two labourers run over by train - Apr 26, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Two murders in Delhi within 12 hours - Jul 27, 2012
- Four mutilated bodies recovered - Feb 28, 2011
- Missing youth's mutilated body found - Jul 31, 2011
- Eloped couple's bodies found on railway track - Jan 05, 2011
- Delhi woman commits suicide - May 13, 2012
- Three held for kidnapping boy for ransom - May 23, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's fifth rape case in a day (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
Tags: angles, bachelor of business, bhasin, body parts, cold blooded murder, east delhi, foul play, ghaziabad, initial investigation, lal, New Delhi, old bachelor, police officer, post mortem, railway track, saturday afternoon, speeding train, suicide attempt, unknown number, uttar pradesh