Body of abducted Patna businessman foundJune 12th, 2009 - 1:00 am ICT by IANS
Patna, June 11 (IANS) The decomposed body of abducted Patna businessman Satyendra Kumar Singh was found floating in the river Ganges here Thursday night, more than two weeks after he was kidnapped, police said.
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters) Neelmani said that Singh’s body had been found in the river.
Singh, a 50-year-old transporter who was associated with the Janata Dal-United (JD-U), was kidnapped in the last week of May from Patna. His wife, Laxmi Devi, and daughter Sweety Singh have alleged that Vijay Krishna, a JD-U leader and former MP, and his son Chanakya, were directly involved in the kidnapping and demanded their arrest.
The family of Singh had two days ago demanded a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the matter.
The Patna Civil Court Tuesday refused anticipatory bail to Vijay Krishna and his son after hearing their petition. The court also directed the police to submit the diary of the case to the court in the next hearing within 15 days.
Vijay Krishna was evading arrest in the case and had filed an anticipatory bail petition Monday in the court, claiming he was being falsely implicated. The father and son went underground last week after the statements of his arrested driver and guard were recorded in court.
Singh’s family alleged that the delay in arresting the accused was due to political “pressure” as the two were considered close to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- JD-U leader denied anticipatory bail in kidnapping case - Jun 09, 2009
- Former MP and JD-U leader gets bail in murder case - Jan 07, 2010
- Bihar police intensify efforts to nab murder-accused JD-U leader - Jun 13, 2009
- JD-U leader's bail to be challenged in Supreme Court - Jan 08, 2010
- Give death penalty to murderer: wife of slain Bihar businessman - Jan 26, 2010
- Family of abducted Bihar businessman wants CBI probe - Jun 10, 2009
- Police for speedy trial of former MP facing murder charge - Aug 21, 2009
- Bihar JD-U leader arrested for businessman's murder - Aug 20, 2009
- Murderers should be hanged: Slain businessman's wife - Jun 17, 2009
- Kidnapped businessman's family slams delay in JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 04, 2009
- Abducted Bihar businessman's family demands JD-U leader's arrest - Jun 02, 2009
- Murder-accused JD-U leader's property attached - Jun 16, 2009
- Take polygraph test, slain Patna businessman's wife tells ex-MP - Sep 07, 2009
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Arrested former MP handed over to Bihar police (Lead) - Aug 20, 2009