Body of abducted engineer recoveredMay 3rd, 2012 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, May 3 (IANS) The body of an Assam agriculture department engineer, who was abducted by unidentified gunmen Wednesday evening, was recovered Thursday in Boitamari area of lower Assam’s Bongaigaon district, police said.
Gadapani Pathak, a superintending engineer in the agriculture department, and his colleague Faisul Islam were abducted in the vehicle both were travelling in. Islam is still missing.
Their driver, who was asked to get off the vehicle, rushed to Boitamari police station and informed the police about the incident.
“We started the search operation immediately but the duo could not be traced. Today (Thursday) we recovered a body from an isolated place in Boitamari area after being informed by some local people. The body was later identified as that of Pathak,” police said.
Police are yet to ascertain the motive behind the murder as none of the families has received any ransom demand so far.
“We have stepped up operation to trace Islam,” police said.
- Assam's abducted engineer rescued - May 28, 2012
- Militants abduct government engineers in Manipur - Nov 28, 2010
- Assam toll rises to 12, army called in (Second Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Assam toll rises to 12, army called in (Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Assam toll rises to 14, army called in (Third Lead) - Jul 22, 2012
- Two foreigners kidnapped in Pakistan - Jan 20, 2012
- Two civilians killed, abducted manager untraced in Meghalaya - Jan 18, 2012
- Manager abducted in Meghalaya - Jan 16, 2012
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- 10 days on, no trace of kidnapped Meghalaya engineers - Feb 03, 2012
- Abducted forest officials still untraced - Mar 04, 2012
- Abducted Bihar boy found murdered - Aug 26, 2011
- No trace of kidnapped official in Meghalaya - Nov 28, 2011
- Two held for abducting, killing minor - Nov 12, 2010
- Meghalaya launches operation to rescue abducted official - Nov 22, 2011