Body of abducted Bihar boy foundNovember 26th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Nov 26 (IANS) The body of a 12-year-old boy, abducted on Nov 15, was found in Bihar’s Begusarai district, police said Wednesday.Saurabh Kumar alias Puttu was kidnapped from near his house in Barauni town, about 100 km from here. His body was found in a field Tuesday, triggering protests by angry residents.
Saurabh’s father Ashutosh Mishra, a school teacher, said the abductors had demanded a ransom of Rs.70,000.
Police sources said three more boys from Begusarai district have been missing since last week and are believed to have been kidnapped.
The Patna High Court had earlier this year directed the state government to trace 144 children and 581 women who had gone missing since 2001. The court also took note of reports that 44 of the abducted children had been killed.
- Body of abducted boy found - Oct 27, 2011
- No breakthrough in Bihar youth's abduction yet - Jan 04, 2011
- Kidnapped businessman's skeleton recovered - Aug 24, 2011
- Fear of abductions haunts Bihar again - Dec 29, 2010
- Abducted student released after 15 days - Jul 08, 2012
- Schoolboy abducted in Bihar - Dec 28, 2010
- Doctors abducted in Bihar resurface (Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- No breakthrough in Bihar NIT student's abduction yet - Jul 03, 2012
- Kidnapped girl freed in Bengal, abductor held - May 14, 2012
- 12-year-old boy abducted in Bihar - May 09, 2011
- Businessman abducted in Bihar - Apr 03, 2010
- Body of abducted boy found in Patna - Dec 24, 2010
- Gang demands Rs.50 lakh for abducted student - Jul 26, 2012
- No mercy for kidnappers of children, says Supreme Court - Dec 05, 2011
- Abducted Bihar boy found murdered - Aug 26, 2011