Bodies of three women recovered from fieldsNovember 5th, 2010 - 11:33 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 5 (IANS) The decomposed bodies of three young women were recovered from fields in a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Deoria district, police said Friday.
The bodies were half-buried and found late Thursday from the fields in Singideeh village.
“The locals spotted the bodies after they noticed several dogs digging up mud at the site where they were buried,” police inspector Raj Kumar told reporters in Deoria, some 300 km from here.
The three victims — Neeta, 18, Anita, 20, and Sarita, 20 — were friends and had gone missing since Oct 31. Sarita’s body has been beheaded, police said.
However, the victims’ families had not registered any missing report, bringing them under suspicion, Kumar said. “Moreover, the families are giving contradictory statements in response to our questions,” he added.
“The bodies are highly decomposed. We have to wait for the post-mortem reports to ascertain the cause of the deaths,” he said.
- Friend murdered Delhi engineer for ransom, buried body (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Driven by superstition, they dig out dead woman's body - Jun 06, 2011
- Elderly parents, two sons found dead in Pune - Mar 24, 2011
- Nude mutilated body found on rail track - Mar 03, 2011
- Missing businessman's body found, murder suspected - Feb 22, 2012
- Man killed, beheaded in Ranchi - Sep 11, 2012
- 10 Delhi residents killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Fiza Mohammed commits suicide - Aug 06, 2012
- V-Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Rohtak medical student falls from hostel roof, dies - Jul 06, 2012
- Woman 'sacrifices' stepson to bear child - Mar 03, 2011
- Kashmir avalanche: Two bodies recovered - Feb 11, 2011
- Two die as tank falls into ditch - May 02, 2012
Tags: anita, contradictory statements, deaths, decomposed bodies, deoria, district police, locals, mud, neeta, nov 5, oct 31, police inspector, post mortem, raj kumar, sarita, several dogs, suspicion, three women, uttar pradesh, young women