Bodies of Andhra accident victims given to relativesJune 17th, 2012 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 17 (IANS) Bodies of the 30 victims of a horrific bus accident in Maharashtra were Sunday transported to their home districts in Andhra Pradesh.
Heart-rending scenes were witnessed at Osmania Hospital here as relatives broke down on seeing their near and dear ones lying in mortuary.
The authorities brought the bodies from Jalkot in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra to Hyderabad in a fleet of ambulances Saturday night.
They were handed over to their relatives after registering medico-legal cases and completing other formalities. The victims were going for Shirdi in Maharashtra.
Official said three bodies were yet to be identified.
Eight bodies were taken to Visakhapatnam by flight and then shifted to their native places by road.
Bodies of five victims belonging to one family of Guntur district were taken by road. The mortal remains of two victims hailing from Chattisgarh and Nagpur was also transported by air.
Thirty people were killed and 16 injured when a private bus fell off a bridge in Osmanabad district Saturday. Fourteen employees of Tata Consultancy Service were among the passengers and nine of them died.
- Bodies of Shridi pilgrims being shifted to Hyderabad (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Anxious wait for families of Shirdi pilgrims in Hyderabad - Jun 16, 2012
- 30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accident (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Andhra continues crackdown on bus operators - Jun 20, 2012
- Crackdown continues against errant bus operators in Andhra - Jun 23, 2012
- Toll rise to 32 in Maharashtra bus accident (Second Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- 30 pilgrims dead in Maharashtra bus accident - Jun 16, 2012
- Four killed as ambulance crashes into bus (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Ambulance rams into bus, four killed - Feb 02, 2012
- Eight die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals - Feb 11, 2012
- 13 school children killed as bus falls in canal (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 10 die as emergency services crippled in Andhra hospitals (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- 87 crash victims identified, Hyderabad forensic team pitches in (Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Few state-run buses return on Telangana roads - Oct 11, 2011
- Forensic team from Hyderabad to help identify crash victims - May 23, 2010
Tags: accident victims, ambulances, authorities, bridge, bus accident, chattisgarh, fleet, formalities, heart, medico legal cases, nagpur, private bus, relatives, saturday night, shirdi, tata consultancy service