BMW case: Police plea for test identification rejectedMay 17th, 2012 - 5:21 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 17 (IANS) A court here Thursday rejected the police plea demanding test identification parade of Suraj Sehrawat, the main accused in the May 5 BMW hit-and-run case in which two people, including a pregnant woman, were killed.
The court had Wednesday reserved its decision on a police plea demanding test identification parade of the accused.
Sehrawat, 21, was Tuesday granted bail by Chief Judicial Magistrate Jasbir Singh’s court on submitting a bond of Rs.50,000, after he surrendered before it the same day.
Defence counsel objected to the police plea for the identification parade, saying Sehrawat’s visuals were already published and aired by media.
The court granted permission to collect blood sample of the accused so that it could be matched with the blood found on the window of BMW. The court has also asked police to remain strict so that the investigation reports did not become part of media headlines.
The prosecution had said that as two cab drivers were witness to the accident and had seen the BMW driver run away from the spot, Sehrawat’s identification parade was needed.
A speeding BMW car bearing number plate HR 26 AV 0007 had rammed into a Tata Indigo car here May 5, killing two people, including a pregnant woman, Kshama Chopra, and critically injuring four others - Rajender Chopra, 68, Meena Chopra, 65, Daksh Jaiswal, 20, and Sanjay Shetty, 35. The accident took place near the IFFCO Chowk metro station on the Mehrauli-Gurgaon Road.
Sanjay Shetty was husband of the deceased Kshama Chopra, while Rajender and Meena Chopra were her parents. After the bypass surgery of Rajendra Chopra here, they were returning to their home town in Bhilai in Madhya Pradesh. Sanjay Shetty hails from Mumbai and he is senior manager with Accenture.
- Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run: Order on police plea reserved - May 16, 2012
- Accused in Gurgaon BMW hit-and-run gets bail - May 15, 2012
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Accused in Gurgaon BMW accident surrenders - May 15, 2012
- Plea seeks list of arrested Maruti workers - Aug 04, 2012
- Bhushan assault accused sent to jail for a day - Oct 13, 2011
- Delhi legislator's attackers sent to police custody - Jun 04, 2012
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Interim bail of BMW car accident accused extended - Apr 09, 2010
- Maharashtra cops explain terror suspect's absence - Jul 03, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Rs.300-cr Citibank fraud accused gets six more days in remand (Roundup) - Jan 06, 2011
- Eva Longoria Parker Not At Fault: Police - Nov 01, 2010
- CRPF constable involved in series of crimes arrested - Dec 03, 2010
- Gurgaon college girl gangraped - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: bhilai, blood sample, bmw car, bmw case, bypass surgery, cab drivers, chopra, defence counsel, investigation reports, jaiswal, judicial magistrate, madhya pradesh, media headlines, mehrauli, metro station, pregnant woman, rs 50, sanjay, suraj, tata indigo