Blueline owners oppose court’s move on compensationAugust 26th, 2008 - 10:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 26 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Tuesday suggested adopting a new scheme to disburse money to the victims from penalty collected from the owners of Blueline buses, but the bus owners’ association objected to it.Over Rs.4 million was collected from the bus owners till now following the court’s order to collect a penalty for release of their vehicles kept at various police stations after accidents.
The court has fixed Rs.50,000 for release of a bus that had caused grievous injury to the victim and Rs.100,000 for those Blueline buses involved in fatal accidents.
The operators association submitted before the division bench of Chief Justice Ajit Prakash Shah and Justice S. Muralidhar that the compensation to the victims or their families could be awarded under the existing statute of the Motor Vehicles Act and the court should not draw another scheme for the buses running under the permit of state carriages.
The association counsel said that insurance companies are there to give compensation to the accident victims. Wednesday was fixed for further hearing.
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Court orders interim compensation for Blueline victims - Sep 24, 2008
- Blueline owner fined Rs.100,000 - Jan 14, 2009
- Blueline operators can run buses as a co-op, court told - Sep 16, 2011
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Delhi clears way for corporates into city bus services (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Allow us to ply on inter-state routes: Blueline operators to court - Aug 19, 2011
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Court tips on traffic scenario after Blueline buses exit - Mar 03, 2011
- Court gives life to Blueline buses - Mar 03, 2011
- Why delay in phasing out Blueline buses? Court asks Delhi - Nov 12, 2009
- 'Accident compensation also for loss of earnings, normal life' - Aug 26, 2012
- Court backs government on phasing out Blueline buses - Nov 01, 2010
- Court orders judicial probe into Blueline bus accident - Oct 09, 2008
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011