Blueline kills claims one more life in capitalMarch 13th, 2008 - 10:16 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 13 (IANS) The ‘killer’ Blueline buses have claimed yet another life in the capital, police said Thursday. Suraj, 20, was run over Wednesday night by a Blueline bus in the R.K. Puram area of southwest Delhi while he was riding a motor-cycle. The bus was on route number 724 plying between Uttam Nagar and Nehru Place.
“Suraj and his cousin were coming on a bike when a Blueline bus hit them near Moti Bagh gurudwara. Suraj who was driving fell down and came under the rear wheel of the bus,” a police official said.
Both were rushed to Safdarjung Hospital where Suraj was declared brought dead.
“Suraj’s cousin is still in the hospital but he is stable,” the official added.
The driver of the bus was yet to be identified as he, like other drivers, fled the spot after the accident.
Suraj was the only breadwinner of the family and worked with an export firm.
Suraj is the 18th victim of the Blueline commuter buses this year. Last year the recklessly-driven buses had claimed 120 lives on the discipline-defying roads of Delhi.
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Two run over by speeding Blueline bus in Delhi - Oct 26, 2009
- It's adieu to 1,600 Blueline buses in Delhi - Oct 28, 2010
- Man mowed down by Blueline bus in Delhi - Sep 01, 2010
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Games leave many bus owners, staff fuming - Sep 28, 2010
- Blueline buses to go off Delhi roads in December (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Court ruling on Blueline buses Thursday - Mar 02, 2011