Blueline driver fires at another driver, policeJanuary 12th, 2009 - 6:22 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Jan 12 (IANS) A Blueline bus driver opened fire at another Blueline driver who overtook him and then fired at policemen on Delhi’s border with Noida Monday, but no one was injured in the bizarre case of road rage.The erring driver, identified as Luv, was overpowered but not before he dumped the offending weapon into a gutter, police said. A case of attempt to murder has been slapped against him.
The incident took place around noon when the two Blueline buses were approaching Delhi from this Uttar Pradesh township.
Furious that he had been overtaken, Luv ran towards the other driver, Praveen, and fired at him but missed the target.
As a frightened Praveen ran towards the Noida police chief’s office, Luv chased him with the gun in his hand. Delhi policemen asked him to stop but Luv fired at them. The policemen fired back and eventually nabbed him.
Delhi’s Blueline buses, which also ply in Noida, are notorious for causing frequent and often fatal accidents.
- Blueline buses to go off Delhi roads in December (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Blueline buses get fresh lease of life (Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010
- Speeding call centre cab crushes traffic cop - Sep 28, 2011
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Alighting passenger run over by bus - Oct 19, 2011
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Deadline to phase out Blueline buses extended (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Delhi welcomes high court's stand against Blueline buses - Nov 01, 2010
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Court gives life to Blueline buses - Mar 03, 2011
- Blueline bus runs over two software engineers in Delhi - Dec 22, 2008