Blueline bus runs over two software engineers in DelhiDecember 22nd, 2008 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) Two software engineers were crushed to death under the wheels of a Blueline bus in the capital Monday, the police said.Deepak Joshi, 26, and Rajesh Yadav, 23, were going to their office in west Delhi’s Rajender Nagar area when the speeding Blueline bus plying on route GL-32 between Karampura Terminal and Noida Sector 34 hit their motorcycle and ran over them at Bhairon Marg around 10.45 a.m., the police said.
“Joshi got crushed under the front wheels of the bus. Yadav was thrown off the motorcycle and he too came under the wheels of the bus,” said a police officer.
Joshi and Yadav were rushed to the hospital, but Joshi was pronounced dead, while Yadav succumbed to his injuries three hours later.
Bus driver Mohammed Akhtar, 49, tried to flee from the spot but was overpowered by the crowd that had gathered.
A case has been registered against the driver, the police said.
Last year, Blueline buses killed 194 people. At least 113 people have lost their lives this year.
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Student killed in road accident - Dec 28, 2010
- Alighting passenger run over by bus - Oct 19, 2011
- Man mowed down by Blueline bus in Delhi - Sep 01, 2010
- Man killed, brother hurt in Ghaziabad road accident - Jun 23, 2010
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Minor girl crushed to death in Delhi - Jul 15, 2011
- Three killed as bus ploughs into shelter - Nov 01, 2010
- Bus mows down woman in east Delhi - Nov 23, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Games ties up Delhi traffic in snarls, not all complain - Sep 28, 2010
- 3-year-old dies after being hit by Blueline bus - Jan 17, 2011
- Girl crushed by Blueline bus - Sep 30, 2009
- Blueline bus kills two - Jun 23, 2010