Blueline bus mows down scooterist in DelhiDecember 25th, 2008 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 25 (IANS) A 30-year-old man was crushed to death under the wheels of a Blueline bus in Delhi, the police said Thursday.Nand Kishore, a resident of Nangloi area in north-west Delhi, was returning home from work on a scooter Wednesday evening when he was hit from behind by a Blueline bus, plying on route number 808 between Tilak Nagar and Mangol Puri, the police said.
“The accident took place at around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday near the Mangol Puri area,” a police officer said.
Kishore was taken to a nearby hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
“The driver of the bus Raj Kumar has been arrested,” the police officer added.
At least 115 people have lost their lives in road accidents involving Blueline buses this year. Last year, such buses killed 194 people.
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Man mowed down by Blueline bus in Delhi - Sep 01, 2010
- Girl crushed by Blueline bus - Sep 30, 2009
- Blueline bus kills two - Jun 23, 2010
- Court ruling on Blueline buses Thursday - Mar 02, 2011
- Court gives life to Blueline buses - Mar 03, 2011
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Court tips on traffic scenario after Blueline buses exit - Mar 03, 2011
- Blueline buses not to return to Delhi roads - Oct 25, 2010
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Corporate bigwigs to make inroads into Delhi bus services - Nov 01, 2010