Blueline bus mows down biker in DelhiJanuary 9th, 2009 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IANS) Blueline buses claimed their fifth victim of this year, when a 21-year-old motorcyclist came under the wheels of the privately owned vehicle in Delhi Friday, the police said. Deepak was hit from behind, near the Mayapuri area around 11.30 a.m., by a Blueline bus plying on route number No. 721 between Manglapuri and the Inter State Bus Terminal (ISBT), the police said.
According to eyewitnesses, Deepak fell on the road and came under the wheels of the bus.
He was rushed to a hospital where he succumbed to his injuries, the police said.
The driver of the bus managed to flee after the accident. The police said a case of rash and negligent driving has been registered and a search was underway to nab the driver.
Deepak, a resident of Palam, became the fifth victim of Blueline buses this year. Last year, at least 115 people died under the wheels of Blueline buses against 151 in 2007.
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Man mowed down by Blueline bus in Delhi - Sep 01, 2010
- Police hunt for Blueline killer driver - May 09, 2011
- Blueline bus kills one more in Delhi - Dec 30, 2008
- Two killed in Delhi road accidents - Dec 21, 2010
- Girl crushed by Blueline bus - Sep 30, 2009
- Blueline buses claim first two victims this year - Jan 04, 2009
- Man crushed to death between two buses - May 22, 2012
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Minor girl crushed to death in Delhi - Jul 15, 2011