Blueline bus kills youth in DelhiApril 23rd, 2009 - 9:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) A mob Thursday set a Blueline bus on fire after it knocked down and killed a 21-year-old man and injured his friend in west Delhi’s Janakpuri area, police said.
Kuldeep, a photographer, was riding a motorbike with his friend Shakeel, 22, when they were hit by the speeding bus, plying on route number 816 between Uttam Nagar and Malkaganj around 10 a.m.
After the accident, an angry mob shouted slogans against Delhi Police, vandalised the bus and set it on fire, police said. The mob also blocked vehicular movement for some time.
“Eyewitnesses reported that the bus rammed into the motorbike from behind. The impact was such that both the bike riders fell off it and received severe injuries. They were rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, where doctors declared Kuldip brought dead,” said a police official.
“The doctors said that while Kuldip died due to severe head injuries, Shakeel is recuperating and is out of danger,” the official added.
Police said bus driver Satish was arrested and a case was registered against him at the Janakpuri police station.
- Software firm employee stabbed to death - Jul 07, 2010
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Builder shoots self in Delhi - Jan 17, 2011
- Class four student run over in Delhi - Jul 27, 2012
- Metro construction picks up; traffic snarls expected - Apr 21, 2012
- Student commits suicide in Delhi - Jun 10, 2012
- Youth run over by Metro train - Mar 05, 2011
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Delhi metro station - Aug 06, 2010
- Four juveniles held for murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Young man dies of burns - May 04, 2011
- Two dead, three injured in building collapse in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- MCD truck catches fire, helper injured - Apr 29, 2012
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011