Blueline bus kills twoAugust 13th, 2008 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Two people were killed and two critically injured when they were hit by a Blueline bus in Karolbagh in Delhi Tuesday night, police said. The bus plying on route no. 39 lost control and hit a motorcyle, dragging Kapil and his wife Nidhi for a few metres. Kapil was killed on the spot, while Nidhi was critically injured, police said.
The driver still could not manage to control the bus, which then climbed on the side pavement and hit two more people, identified as Vipin and Asgar Ali.
Wile Vipin was killed, Asgar was battling for life in hospital, police said.
The accident, at about 8 p.m., angered people in the area who threw stones at the bus and smashed its windowpanes. They were set to torch the vehicle but police prevented them after using mild force.
Police said search was on for the driver who fled after the accident.
Reckless driving of privately operated Blueline buses have claimed at least 50 lives in the capital this year.
- Clash in Uttar Pradesh city after woman's death - Mar 26, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- One killed, three injured by DTC bus - Jan 21, 2012
- DTC bus kills cyclist (Second Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Speeding bus crushes man, injures 12 (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Police hunt for Blueline killer driver - May 09, 2011
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- 15 killed in Afghanistan road accident - Nov 12, 2011
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Blueline buses get brief lease of life (Second Lead) - Jan 31, 2011
- Azamgarh tense after student's death in accident - Nov 04, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Blueline buses with permits continue to ply on Delhi roads - Feb 01, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011