Blueline bus kills one more in DelhiDecember 30th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 30 (IANS) A 45-year-old man was crushed to death under the wheels of a speeding Blueline bus after he fell from its footboard due to a sudden jerk in west Delhi, the police said Tuesday.Milak Ram, who lived in Peeragarhi, came under the Blueline bus plying on route number 926 between Old Delhi bus stop and Tikri Border near Super Bazar in Paschim Vihar area late Monday.
The police said Ram came under the wheels when the driver of the Blueline bus suddenly released the brakes. The driver of the bus, Manoj, ran away but was later arrested by the police.
Some passers-by rushed Ram to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead.
His body has been sent to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital for an autopsy.
“We have registered a case of rash and negligent driving against the driver and the bus has been impounded,” said a police official.
At least 120 people have been killed this year alone under the wheels of Blueline buses, dubbed as “killer buses”.
- Conductor crushed to death under own bus - Jan 18, 2011
- Blueline bus mows down builder - Dec 09, 2011
- Police hunt for Blueline killer driver - May 09, 2011
- Man killed in vehicle collision - Feb 13, 2011
- Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself - Jan 02, 2012
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- Man run over by DTC bus - Jul 28, 2012
- Minor girl crushed to death in Delhi - Jul 15, 2011
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- Man crushed to death by Blueline bus - Apr 21, 2009
- Blueline buses to breath their last in June 2012 (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Contracts signed for four more bus clusters in Delhi - Nov 01, 2010
- Girl crushed by Blueline bus - Sep 30, 2009