Blood on Aarushi’s clothes was her own: Forensic expertJuly 31st, 2012 - 7:43 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 31 (IANS) In the Aarushi-Hemraj double murder case, a forensic lab scientist told a special court here Tuesday that the blood stains found on the teen’s clothes and her bed’s mattress matched her blood group.
He said a whisky bottle, sent by the CBI for test, carried the finger prints of both Aarushi and Hemraj, her domestic help.
B.K. Mahapatra, a Central Forensic Science Laboratory scientist, appeared in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) special court as witness and said that the finger prints of both Aarushi and Hemraj were found on a Valentines Whisky bottle sent for inspection.
He said blood stains on Aarushi’s clothes and mattress were her own. He was recording his statement as the sixth prosecution witness.
He appeared before the court around 10.30 a.m. and recorded his statement till 2 p.m. His statement would be recorded Wednesday also.
Manoj Shishodia, one of the defence lawyers, said after the recording of Mahapatra’s statement the defence would be given a chance to cross-examine him.
Aarushi, 14, was found murdered at her parents’ Noida residence May 16, 2008. The body of the family’s domestic help Hemraj was found the next day on the terrace of the house.
The CBI special court has framed charges against Aarushi’s parents — Rajesh and Nupur — in the double murder case. Nupur Talwar was taken into custody April 30.
- Aarushi case: Defence questions forensic report - Aug 22, 2012
- Expert forgets number of visits to Aarushi murder spot - Aug 28, 2012
- Aarushi case: Forensic scientist's cross-examination on - Aug 24, 2012
- Aarushi case: Witness fails to answer defence queries - Aug 27, 2012
- Aarushi case: Defence counters CBI on seized pillow - Aug 29, 2012
- No blood stains seen on Rajesh Talwar's dress: Witness - Sep 12, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's plea rejected - Aug 23, 2012
- Aarushi murder: Expert to face defence queries Aug 21 - Aug 16, 2012
- Defer forensic expert's cross-examination: Nupur Talwar - Aug 21, 2012
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Nupur Talwar's plea (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Aarushi murder scene photos flawed: Defence - Jul 02, 2012
- Another night in jail for Nupur Talwar, bail decision Wednesday (Second Lead) - May 01, 2012
- Aarushi case trial adjourned till May 21 - May 16, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- CBI dictated my statement: Aarushi case witness - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: blood group, blood stains, cbi, central bureau of investigation, clothes, defence lawyers, domestic help, double murder case, finger prints, forensic expert, forensic lab, forensic science laboratory, lab scientist, laboratory scientist, mattress, nupur, parents, prosecution witness, rajesh, whisky bottle