Blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Lead)May 25th, 2011 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 25 (IANS) An explosion was heard in the parking lot of the Delhi High Court Wednesday afternoon. The Delhi Police said it was a radiator blast, but the fire department said the explosion was caused by a crude bomb. No casualties have been reported so far.
A silver Ford Figo in the parking lot near gate number seven of the court complex has been damaged.
According to the Delhi Police, the car’s radiator exploded.
“Our teams are at the spot and we are awaiting further details,” a police officer said.
“We received a call around 1.20 p.m. about a blast in the car. Seven fire engines were rushed and fire has been doused,” added a fire officer.
“The bomb was under the car. Initially it looks to be desi (locally assembled) bomb and police is investigating the matter,” he said.
The car belonged to lawyer Rajat Jain.
An eyewitness Sanjay Bhatt said: “There was a sudden blast in the parking lot. We rushed to the spot and found a black bag burning besides a car.”
Parking attendant Dharamvir said: “We rushed to the court canteen and brought buckets of water to douse the fire.”
Bomb squad personnel have rushed to the spot. Eyewitnesses said shrapnel had been found at the spot.
- Blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Low-intensity blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Intro Roundup) - May 25, 2011
- Low-intensity blast near Delhi High Court, no casualties (Roundup) - May 25, 2011
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, four injured (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Delhi on high alert after blast near high court - May 25, 2011
- No headway in Delhi High Court blast case: Pillai - May 28, 2011
- Israeli embassy car targetted in Delhi, four injured in blast (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- No headway in Delhi High Court blast case: Pillai (Lead) - May 28, 2011
- Car catches fire near Jama Masjid attack site (Lead) - Sep 19, 2010
- LeT, Babbar Khalsa planned blasts in Delhi: Police - Oct 13, 2011
- Four of a family charred in Delhi gas cylinder blast - Apr 08, 2012
- No breakthrough in Delhi terror attack a week later - Sep 13, 2011
- CCTV footage from area near blast site being collected: Police - Feb 14, 2012
- Explosives laden car found in Ambala, NSG team reaches - Oct 13, 2011
- Police to match explosive samples with Georgia, Bangkok bombs - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: bomb squad, buckets of water, canteen, car parking, casualties, delhi high court, delhi police, eyewitnesses, figo, fire engines, fire officer, number seven, parking attendant, radiator, rajat, sanjay, shrapnel, silver ford, sudden blast, wednesday afternoon