Blast kills two at Reliance refineryJanuary 8th, 2009 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Jamnagar (Gujarat), Jan 8 (IANS) An accidental explosion at the Reliance refinery here killed two engineers, the company said Thursday, a day after the incident.The explosion occurred Wednesday while a pipeline was being tested at the hydrogen plant of the newly commissioned refinery at Moti Khavdi.
Around 2.30 a.m. two bodies were taken to the Jamnagar civil hospital, 28 km away, for autopsy. They were identified as those of engineers Akshay Bhanderi of Maharashtra and Nitin Singh of Panipat, Haryana.
Nitin Bhatt, a Reliance spokesperson, said the two men were seriously injured in the incident and died while being shifted to the hospital. He denied that anyone had been injured.
The civil hospital is the nearest for Reliance workers even in an emergency.
- Seven die in Venezuelan refinery blast - Aug 25, 2012
- Bina refinery's two units go on-stream - Jan 30, 2011
- Five killed as gas cylinder explodes - Aug 08, 2010
- Venezuela refinery blast: Toll rises to 26 - Aug 26, 2012
- Argentina oil refinery explosion kills 1 - Aug 10, 2011
- Shortage of LPG in Shimla results in deforestation - Dec 04, 2010
- Didn't suspect anybody was following: Israeli embassy car driver - Feb 15, 2012
- Eight killed in Punjab blast, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Another child dies, Srinagar blast toll now three - Feb 14, 2011
- Six killed in Gujarat accident - Jul 09, 2011
- Six killed in Karachi violence - Jul 24, 2011
- Guard accidentally fires inside college, six injured - Apr 27, 2011
- Four killed in Gujarat dairy explosion - Sep 03, 2011
- Nine killed in China fire - Dec 14, 2010
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011