Blast in theatre near Mumbai, no casualtiesFebruary 20th, 2008 - 9:24 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Feb 20 (IANS) A bomb blast ripped through a cinema theatre in Panvel town near Mumbai Wednesday evening when it was screening “Jodhaa Akbar”, police officials told IANS. There were no casualties. When the blast took place the afternoon show was about to end at the Cineraj theatre in Thane district’s Panvel, about 100 km from here.
There were no casualties in the blast, according to preliminary reports. Investigations were on, the police said.
In a precautionary move, another theatre in the locality was evacuated and searched by a bomb detection squad and sniffer dogs. The police were combing the whole area for suspicious things.
- Court verdict on 2008 blasts Aug 8 (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- 10 years jail for 2008 Thane blasts convicts - Aug 30, 2011
- Two convicted for 2008 Thane blasts, four let off - Aug 29, 2011
- Louisville Airport Bomb Scare Resolved - Dec 02, 2010
- Nashik blast kills three, police rule out bomb - Jun 08, 2011
- Bomb scare at New Zealand airport - Jun 26, 2011
- Patil reviews Maharashtra security - Aug 02, 2012
- Toll in Allahabad blast rises to six - May 24, 2012
- Maoists kill 11 CRPF troopers in landmine blast (Third Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Another explosion in Allahabad, five kids injured - Jun 07, 2012
- Ammonium nitrate used in Pune blasts: Patil (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Russian bomb squad called to defuse 'sex toy package' - Mar 16, 2011
- Karnataka Cops get leads on men behind stadium blasts - Apr 18, 2010
- Seven years after Mulund train blast, accused nabbed (Lead) - May 10, 2010
- Hoax bomb call at Mumbai court - Apr 17, 2010