Blast in Gujarat town kills oneFebruary 18th, 2008 - 9:04 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, Feb 18 (IANS) A teenager was killed and two people were injured when a blast occurred in a town in Gujarat’s Junagadh district Monday, officials said, adding that it did not seem to be a “terror” strike. The explosion took place in Mithivav area of Mangrol town in Junagadh, some 250 km from here. Fifteen-year-old Abu Hassan died while the injured were identified as Imran Billi and Ayesha Ismail. They have been taken to hospital.
District Collector Ashwini Kumar told IANS that the blast was not due to any “terrorist activity”. It appeared to be due to personal enmity between two people and the police were probing the incident, he said.
According to witnesses, two motorcycle-borne men are said to be behind the blast.
- Blast kills one in Gujarat town - Feb 18, 2008
- School principal killed in Pakistan - May 27, 2012
- Three killed, 118 injured in Thailand explosions - Sep 17, 2011
- Five hurt in Quetta blast - Sep 27, 2010
- 240 whale sharks rescued off Gujarat coast since 2004 - Jan 25, 2011
- Policemen injured in Pakistan grenade attack - Jun 20, 2010
- Mumbai cops in Ahmedabad to quiz IM operative - Jul 16, 2011
- Acid attack on woman volleyball player in Haryana - May 26, 2012
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012
- Two held with leopard skin in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 17, 2011
- Mayor shot at in the Philippines - Feb 05, 2012
- Car catches fire near Jama Masjid attack site (Lead) - Sep 19, 2010
- 10 killed in road accident - Aug 12, 2011
- Two policemen killed in Pakistan attack - May 30, 2011
- Five killed in Punjab factory blast - Sep 12, 2012