Blast in Delhi restaurant; two injuredMay 5th, 2008 - 10:36 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 5 (IANS) Two people were injured and several cars damaged in a low intensity blast at a plush Chinese restaurant in south Delhi Monday. The blast is suspected to be due to gas cylinders exploding. The incident occurred at around 2.15 a.m. at a restaurant in Chittaranjan Park when two gas cylinders reportedly exploded.
Four fire tenders were pressed into service and the flames doused after a short while.
Police said two people, including an elderly woman, and a security guard of a nearby building, suffered minor burn injuries. They were admitted to Safdarjung Hospital.
Residents said the blast was very loud and could be heard quite some distance away.
“The windowpanes of seven-eight cars were shattered due to the intensity of the blast. The office of a financial company that deals in the sale purchase of used cars was also damaged,” said a resident.
Police said the explosion was due to leaking gas.
“Initial investigations point towards cylinder explosion as we have recovered two empty gas cylinders from the restaurant kitchen,” said a police official.
- Seven injured in cylinder blasts in Meghalaya - Jul 20, 2011
- Explosion in illicit gas cylinders warehouse in Maharashtra - Jan 17, 2012
- Two dead, 14 hurt in Peshawar blast - Jul 01, 2011
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, four injured (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Smashed windows, burnt car and barricades at blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- 20 dead, nearly 200 wounded in Kabul fire - Jul 05, 2012
- Two killed, several injured in Jammu blast - Nov 26, 2010
- One killed in cylinder blast - Jul 20, 2011
- Explosion in Israel embassy car, two hurt (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Three injured as fire extinguisher explodes in eatery - Dec 31, 2011
- Four of a family charred in Delhi gas cylinder blast - Apr 08, 2012
- Three die in Brazil blast - Oct 14, 2011
- Israeli car explosion: Terror link not ruled out - Feb 13, 2012
- One killed, 16 injured in Assam gas cylinder explosion - Apr 09, 2010
- Two dead, 13 hurt in Peshawar car blast (Lead) - Jul 01, 2011