Blast in Cairo, at least 10 injuredFebruary 23rd, 2009 - 2:26 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, Feb 23 (DPA) At least 10 people were injured in a bomb attack in a popular tourist destination in the Egyptian capital Cairo Sunday evening, witnesses said.
A bomb exploded near Hussein Square in Cairo’s Medieval quarter, injuring at least 10 people, witnesses told DPA.
Police discovered a second bomb and a bomb squad was at work defusing it.
The injured were reportedly taken to Ahmed Maher hospital and Hussein hospital close by.
No further details were immediately available.
- One killed, 12 injured in Cairo bomb attack (Lead) - Feb 23, 2009
- 30 injured in clashes in front of US embassy in Egypt - Sep 13, 2012
- 11 Egyptians killed by assailants during protest in Cairo - May 03, 2012
- 74 dead, 1,000 injured in Egypt football violence (Third Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Tense Cairo braces for Mubarak's `day of departure' - Feb 04, 2011
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Five dead, 800 hurt in Cairo clashes, PM says sorry (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- 11 injured in Peshawar blast - Oct 27, 2011
- Police defuse third bomb found in Bangalore stadium - Apr 17, 2010
- Five dead, 18 injured in Pakistan Navy bus bombing (Third Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Over 600 injured as police-protesters clash in Egypt - Feb 03, 2012
- 10 die in Pakistan blasts (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Protesters flood Cairo square, Mubarak warns of chaos (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2011
- Pakistan Navy bus bombing leaves three dead, 20 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Five dead, 800 injured as gunfire echoes in Cairo (Second Lead) - Feb 03, 2011