Blast at chemical plant in China; nine killedApril 14th, 2011 - 3:58 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 14 (IANS) At least nine people have died in an explosion at a chemical plant in northeast China, Xinhua reported Thursday.
The explosion and fire occurred at 10.10 p.m. Wednesday at a three-storey building at Fuxing Chemical Plant, located in Lamadian town of Daqing city of China’s Heilongjiang province, local officials said early Thursday morning.
Fourteen people were inside the building when the accident happened, said local authorities. Nine people died on the spot while the other five people managed to flee the building.
The fire has been extinguished by firefighters.
Cause of the explosion was yet to be known, as investigation and search efforts were underway till last report was received.
- Six dead in China shop fire - Aug 25, 2011
- Seven die in central Moscow apartment fire - May 17, 2011
- Four killed in China stabbing, arson attack - Aug 04, 2012
- 24 injured in China train accident - Aug 24, 2012
- 20 dead, nearly 200 wounded in Kabul fire - Jul 05, 2012
- 14 rescued from Mumbai building fire (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- Two officials sacked after mine flood in China - May 03, 2012
- Explosion rocks German chemical park - Mar 31, 2012
- Bangalore blast injures nine, destroys two buildings - Sep 21, 2011
- Five killed in China fire - Jul 04, 2011
- Nine killed in China fire - Dec 14, 2010
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- Five killed in Turkey building fire - Jan 23, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Blast at southwest China fireworks factory kills at least six - Aug 22, 2010