Blast accused seeks bail for MBA exam, court seeks police nodJanuary 30th, 2009 - 7:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 30 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday asked for response from Delhi Police to a bail plea of a suspected terrorist, allegedly involved in the Sep 13 serial blasts, who wants to appear for an MBA exam next month. Saquib Nisar, a suspected member of the Indian Mujahideen (IM) who has been in custody since Sep 20 last year, pleaded that he should be granted bail to appear in his MBA third semester examination, which begin Feb 7.
Justice Reva Khetrapal asked Delhi Police to verify whether Saquib is a second-year management student of Sikkim Manipal University, and asked them to file a response by Feb 4 when the matter will be taken up for further hearing.
The police have already filed a charge-sheet against Saquib Nissar and other accused - Mohammed Saif, Zeeshan Ahmed, Zia-ur Rehman and Mohammed Shakeel - in the Delhi serial blasts case. They have been accused of waging war against the nation under the Indian Penal Code.
According to the police, all the accused who have been named in the charge-sheet were also involved in the serial blasts in Jaipur and Ahmedabad.
- Can jailed terror suspects write exam, court asks police - Feb 04, 2009
- Delhi bombing suspect allowed to write exam from jail - Feb 05, 2009
- Bail plea of Delhi bombing accused rejected - Jul 15, 2009
- Delhi serial blast accused demands bail to appear in MBA exam - Jan 30, 2009
- Suspected Delhi terrorist seeks bail for writing exam - Jul 08, 2009
- Clear air over Delhi blast accused's bail plea, court asks police - Jul 14, 2009
- Charges framed against 13 in Delhi blasts of 2008 - May 06, 2011
- Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police's custody - Jun 12, 2009
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009
- Court notice for video-link in Delhi blast trial - Aug 08, 2009
- Delhi blast suspect wants to complete MBA, seeks bail - Jan 29, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blasts: Court to frame charges Feb 21 (Second lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- A year later, Delhi serial blasts trial yet to begin - Sep 12, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts: Charges to be framed Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009