Black money issue to be raised in parliament: Rajnath SinghFebruary 23rd, 2012 - 7:27 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Feb 23 (IANS) The politically hot issue of black money stashed in banks overseas is likely to be raised once again in the forthcoming budget session of Parliament, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Rajnath Singh said Thursday.
Singh, who was in Goa to campaign for the BJP for the forthcoming assembly polls, said that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) director’s statement that $ 500 billion in black money was stashed abroad had only vindicated the Opposition’s claims that huge volumes of black money was parked abroad.
“The issue of black money will be raised in Parliament in this session. When we said that huge volumes of black money was stashed abroad, the Congress said that we were making false allegations,” Singh said.
Rajnath Singh also said that CBI director A P Singh’s disclosure was a slap in the face of the Congress party, which was not doing enough to bring the money back to India.
“How can the Congress government now reject the disclosure of India’s biggest investigation agency?” Singh said.
A P Singh had last week claimed at the first Interpol global programme on anti- corruption and asset recovery, that estimated black money parked abroad was to the tune of $ 500 billion.
- Parliament disrupted over black money (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Largest depositors in Swiss banks are Indians: CBI chief - Feb 13, 2012
- $500 billion black money hidden abroad: CBI (Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Expected PM to act on black money: Advani - Oct 12, 2011
- Switzerland says it is 'not tax haven' - Feb 16, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Swamy files black money complaint with CBI - Nov 28, 2011
- Cabinet meets on Telangana crisis (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Congress booklet counters Ramdev's black money claims - Jun 11, 2011
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Rajnath slams UPA over price rise, corruption - Jun 13, 2011
- Apex court order a slap on government's face, says BJP - Jul 05, 2011
- File cases in foreign black money case, demands Advani (Lead) - Feb 01, 2011
- Getting back black money 'difficult,' says minister - Feb 13, 2012
- Why is Sonia Gandhi silent on black money, asks Rajnath - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: assembly polls, asset recovery, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, black money, budget session, cbi, central bureau of investigation, congress government, congress party, false allegations, forthcoming assembly, forthcoming budget, goa, hot issue, investigation agency, money issue, panaji, rajnath singh, slap in the face