BJP’s challenge to Congress to ban Hindu outfitsNovember 17th, 2008 - 6:49 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 17 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday challenged the Congress to ban Hindu outfits, including the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and the Bajrang Dal, saying it would have to face the consequences. Talking to reporters, senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said: “The Congress party and its leaders, conspiring to defame Hindus, are often talking about imposing a ban on nationalist organisations like the RSS, the VHP and the Bajrang Dal. I openly challenge them to take any such action and face the music. The electorate will teach them a lesson at the hustings.”
Naidu, the party’s election incharge for Madhya Pradesh, said “Whenever there are any elections, the ‘dirty tricks department’ of the Congress becomes active and whenever the Congress becomes weak, it targets nationalist organisations like the RSS to consolidate its vote bank.”
This time around, the Congress is “using the Maharashtra Anti Terrorism Squad as a tool to victimize and bring a bad name to Hindu ascetics and the Shiv Sena”.
“The job of the ATS is to collect facts against the accused and present the case in the court but it is more busy giving a running commentary on the investigations being conducted by it,” said Naidu.
The BJP leader said the biggest challenge before the country today was “terrorism” but the politics played by the Congress over it would lead to disintegration of the country.
“The communal colour being given to terrorism by the Congress was a grave threat to the unity and integrity of the country,” he said.
- Congress betrayed Muslims: Mayawati - Dec 18, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen: poison fruit of saffron politics, jehadi mindset (Comment) - Dec 11, 2010
- BJP condoles Husain's death, Bajrang Dal opposes burial in India (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Bajrang Dal slams Rahul for equating RSS with SIMI - Oct 06, 2010
- BJP slams Digvijay for remark on RSS terror involvement - Jul 16, 2011
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- BJP, RSS remote controlling Ramdev: Congress (Lead) - Jun 04, 2011
- BJP condoles Husain's death; Bajrang Dal opposes burial in India (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- RSS workers at Ramlila ground - Jun 04, 2011
- Mohan Bhagwat accuses Congress of deliberately linking RSS to terror - Jan 10, 2011
- Rahul's remarks leave BJP, RSS fuming (Roundup) - Oct 06, 2010
- BJP's PM wannabes more enthusiastic than party (Comment) - Sep 17, 2011
- Digvijay likens RSS to Nazis, blames Advani for terror (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Congress abusing CBI to implicate RSS leaders, says BJP - Jan 07, 2011
- Kushwaha issue divides BJP, Congress questions its credentials (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012