BJP trying to use Anna as front, says CongressDecember 13th, 2011 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 13 (IANS) The Congress Tuesday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of trying to use Anna Hazare as a “front” and said constitutional process cannot be outsourced.
Congress spokesperson Abhishek Manu Singhvi said there appeared to be a “Anna gameplan” of the BJP.
“There appears to be a Anna gameplan… desire to use him as a front. It (BJP) has history of working behind masks. Slowly, BJP will openly stand behind Anna,” he said.
Singhvi alleged that the BJP had tried to put Hazare in the front following action against some Hindu rightwing groups in terror cases.
“Is it not that after strong action against communal forces, the BJP is putting Hazare in the front,” he added.
Singhvi contended that Team Hazare had not raised questions over corruption in BJP-ruled states.
Slamming the BJP for presence of party leader Arun Jaitley at one-day fast of Hazare at Jantar Mantar, he said constitutional process cannot be outsourced.
He said BJP and some other parties may have got “good TRP ratings” by being present at Hazare’s fast but such actions hurt dignity of parliament.
Singhvi said people will decide about any effort to “show parliament in poor light”.
Asked about United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government engaging Team Anna in talks over the Lokpal bill, Singhvi said talks were held before the bill was introduced in Parliament.
He stressed that the UPA was committed to bringing a strong Lokpal bill.
- Congress terms Anna's fast premature, insult to parliament - Dec 11, 2011
- Quotable quotes on Lokpal - Dec 11, 2011
- All-party meeting called on Lokpal as Hazare targets Congress (Roundup) - Dec 11, 2011
- Anna should contest elections: Congress - Aug 10, 2011
- Government not serious about Lokpal: BJP - Mar 25, 2012
- Government questions Jaitley debating Lokpal in public - Dec 11, 2011
- Anyone can float a political party: BJP - Aug 02, 2012
- BJP wants stringent Lokpal Bill - Apr 08, 2011
- Parliament to decide on anti-corruption law: Congress - Mar 25, 2012
- UPA, BJP in war of words over Lokpal 'debate' (Lead) - Dec 12, 2011
- Discussing Lokpal at Jantar Mantar unjustified: Gogoi - Dec 14, 2011
- BJP wants PM, CBI, lower bureaucracy under Lokpal - Dec 11, 2011
- BSP backs Anna, Lokpal heat is on government (Roundup) - Dec 13, 2011
- Government not serious about fighting graft, says Hazare - Dec 07, 2011
- Confrontation looms as Lokpal report is tabled (Roundup) - Dec 09, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, bharatiya janata party, bjp, communal forces, congress, corruption, desire, dignity, gameplan, hindu, mantar, manu, masks, New Delhi, parliament, party leader, presence, progressive alliance, spokesperson, UPA