BJP to move privilege notice against Azad (Lead)May 7th, 2012 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 7 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday said it would move a privilege notice against Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad for giving “wrong facts” about his ministry on several occasions over the past three years.
BJP Member of Parliament Sanjay Jaiswal said he has prepared a list of 14 instances where the minister has given wrong information.
“We will bring a privilege motion against Azad,” he said.
He also opposed the government’s proposal to dissolve the Medical Council of India (MCI) and constitute an overarching body, the National Council for Human Resource in Health (NCHRH) in its place.
“The government is trying to dissolve all statutory bodies so that it can have everything under its control,” Jaiswal said.
Responding to this, the Congress said that the BJP was free to use its rights and it will respond appropriately when a notice is submitted.
“If at all, the BJP chooses to exercise its prerogative to a particular parliamentary procedure, it is their choice. We will respond accordingly,” Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said.
- Parliament passes MCI amendment bill - May 10, 2012
- MCI bill introduced in Rajya Sabha - May 09, 2012
- BJP to move privilege notice against Azad - May 07, 2012
- Common exit exam for medical graduates soon - Nov 16, 2010
- Bill on medical education regulator likely in monsoon session - May 26, 2010
- Umbrella body to oversee medical education in India: Azad (Lead) - May 04, 2010
- Congress non-committal about cabinet reshuffle - Jan 17, 2011
- Bill soon to regulate medical education - Aug 13, 2010
- Over 3,000 Indian doctors migrated in three years - Aug 16, 2011
- Reform of medical education required: Azad - May 04, 2010
- Separate higher council for medical education: Azad (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Court terms MBBS admission criteria irrational - Sep 25, 2011
- Manmohan meets president amid cabinet reshuffle reports (Lead) - Jan 17, 2011
- Young doctors unwilling to serve in rural areas: Azad - Aug 30, 2011
- Medical Council president quits (Lead) - May 13, 2010
Tags: bharatiya janata party, family welfare, ghulam nabi azad, human resource, instances, jaiswal, manish, medical council of india, medical council of india mci, member of parliament, New Delhi, occasions, parliament, parliamentary procedure, prerogative, privilege, sanjay, spokesperson, statutory bodies, tewari