BJP to meet president over LokpalJanuary 5th, 2012 - 12:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) A delegation of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders will meet President Pratibha Patil Thursday to raise the issue of the Lokpal bill not being passed in parliament.
The delegation led by senior leader L.K. Advani will also have party president Nitin Gadkari and leaders of opposition from the two houses, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.
The party will seek the president’s intervention in the Lokpal episode.
The Lokpal bill could not be passed by parliament even after a three-day extension of the winter session. The Rajya Sabha was adjourned midnight Dec 29 without passing it.
BJP has termed it as a “murder of democracy”, blaming Congress of intentionally delaying the process.
- BJP delegation meets president to discuss Lokpal bill (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP leaders meet president on 'parliament subversion' (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP tells Patil to reconvene parliament for Lokpal bill (Third Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Reconvene parliament for Lokpal bill, BJP tells Patil (Fourth Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP delegation to meet president over Lokal bill - Dec 31, 2011
- Lokpal bill has many infirmities, says BJP - Dec 24, 2011
- BJP asks president to intervene in Gujarat Lokayukta issue - Sep 02, 2011
- BJP doesn't know what it wants on Lokpal, says Congress - Jan 05, 2012
- BJP, Team Anna agree on Jan Lokpal Bill - Aug 26, 2011
- Want our dissent note on Lokpal accepted: BJP (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- BJP to protest price rise, corruption from parliament to streets - Nov 20, 2011
- BJP, Congress seek to pin down each other on Lokpal bill fiasco (Intro-Roundup) - Dec 31, 2011
- BJP meets president, demands Gujarat governor's removal - May 30, 2012
- BJP seeks PM's intervention to save temple - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP backs Advani's anti-corruption 'yatra' - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: arun jaitley, congress, delegation, democracy, janata party, l k advani, lokpal bill, New Delhi, opposition, parliament, party president, president pratibha patil, rajya sabha, swaraj, winter session