BJP to make vision document for Uttar Pradesh’s developmentJune 4th, 2011 - 10:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 4 (IANS) Planning to prepare a roadmap for development in Uttar Pradesh ahead of assembly elections in 2012, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) here Saturday constituted a committee for formulating a “vision document”.
“The vision document intends to come up with proposals for an all-round development of the country’s most populous state,” BJP national general secretary Narendra Singh Tomar told reporters.
“Be it the civic sector, the education sector, health facilities or issues concerning farmers. The vision document will cater to the needs of people from all walks of life,” he added.
Accusing Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief and Chief Minister Mayawati of ignoring development, Tomar said: “Be it the power sector, the education sector or the health sector, all are being neglected by the present government that is indulging in corrupt practices.”
The BJP announced that if it was returned to power in Uttar Pradesh, it would set up fast track courts in cases related to corruption in the Mayawati regime.
The committee, which had its first meeting Saturday, comprises 22 members with senior BJP leader Kesari Nath Triptahi as its co-ordinator.
While inaugurating the party’s two-day national executive meet that concluded Saturday, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari said a day earlier that “the passage to Delhi goes via Uttar Pradesh. If you want to win in 2014, you should first win 2012″.
“The BJP is the sole political outfit that can now fight for the public. People in the state are now fed up of the misrule of the BSP. We are confident of coming to power in the state,” said Tomar.
- Congress, BSP not serious on Uttar Pradesh's development: Gadkari - Oct 30, 2011
- BJP resolution against Mayawati government - Oct 29, 2011
- BSP's denial of tickets to lawmakers shows guilt: Congress - Jan 16, 2012
- Congress, BSP ignoring Muslims: Mulayam - Nov 16, 2011
- Attack centre, not us: Mayawati to Rahul - Nov 12, 2011
- No conspiracy against Mayawati: BJP - Jul 06, 2012
- BJP will target crime in Uttar Pradesh polls, says Uma Bharti - Jun 22, 2011
- Mayawati siphoning development funds to BSP candidates: BJP - Oct 17, 2011
- Mayawati has failed to protect women, downtrodden: BJP - Apr 02, 2011
- Surveys show BJP will win in Uttar Pradesh: Gadkari - Oct 30, 2011
- BJP manifesto is against minority reservation; for Ram temple - Jan 27, 2012
- Mayawati ignores common man, promotes corrupt: Rahul - Feb 15, 2012
- Samajwadi Party to meet in Agra - with eye on Lucknow - Jun 01, 2011
- BSP trying to cover sins: BJP - Nov 21, 2011
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp chief, bjp leader, civic sector, co ordinator, corrupt practices, education sector, health facilities, health sector, Mayawati, narendra singh, nitin, political outfit, populous state, power sector, present government, sector health, vision document, walks of life