BJP to government: Raise intrusion issue with Chinese defence ministerSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Alleging that Chinese troops were entering India’s territory and disrupting development work, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Tarun Vijay Monday urged the government to take up the issue with China’s defence minister who is on an official visit to India.
“The Chinese intrusion in Ladakh region has increased manifold just before the visit of the Chinese defence minister. India’s defence ministry must take up this issue strongly with the Chinese minister and ensure such intrusions are stopped immediately,” Tarun Vijay said in a statement.
“So much has been the pressure of Chinese armed forces on Indian border villages that for the first time the tricolour (Indian flag) was not allowed to be unfurled at Demchhok, near the LAC”.
“Chinese army personnel have also forced the stopping of development work in the border village Koyul in Leh,” he said.
“BJP demands immediate protection for the border villages of Ladakh and the government should ensure that any illegal move by the Chinese is thwarted appropriately, and if needed use of force be permitted,” Tarun Vijay added.
Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie arrived in Mumbai Sunday, marking the first visit by a Chinese defence minister to India in eight years.
- India, China to discuss ramp up in military ties - Sep 02, 2012
- 'China, India military exchanges back on track' - Sep 03, 2012
- No report of Chinese incursion in Kashmir: Antony - Sep 05, 2012
- China told about activities in Pakistani Kashmir: India - Sep 03, 2012
- Indian, Chinese defence ministers hold 'fruitful' talks - Sep 04, 2012
- Chinese defence minister to visit India - Aug 30, 2012
- Chinese defence minister to skip Amar Jawan Jyoti - Sep 03, 2012
- China betrayed friendship, says Farooq on reported Chinese incursion - Jan 10, 2011
- India for freedom of navigation in South China Sea - Aug 30, 2012
- India, China agree to work closely in Asia-Pacific region - Sep 07, 2012
- India admits to unpleasant 'situations' along China border - Nov 30, 2011
- Chinese, US defence chiefs hold talks - Sep 18, 2012
- India, China to resume joint military exercises (Roundup) - Sep 04, 2012
- High expectations from Chinese minister's India trip: Daily - Sep 05, 2012
- India protested Chinese troops damaging wall in Tawang: Antony - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: armed forces, army personnel, border village, border villages, chinese army, chinese defence, chinese minister, chinese troops, defence minister, defence ministry, illegal move, India, indian flag, intrusion, intrusions, mumbai, New Delhi, party leader, use of force, vijay