BJP suspends tribal legislator for ‘anti-party’ remarksFebruary 25th, 2009 - 6:11 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Feb 25 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party Wednesday suspended one of its members in the Orissa legislative assembly for making “anti-party” statements.
Brundaban Majhi, the legislator from Laikera assembly constituency in Sambalpur district, has been suspended from the party for misconduct, indiscipline and for making anti-party statements, Orissa BJP President Suresh Pujari told IANS.
Majhi, a three-time elected representative from the tribal area, last week accused the state BJP leadership of neglecting tribals in the party.
“Many of BJP leaders are working for their own interests. They are not concerned with the problems of the party workers,” he said. He also announced he was joining the ‘Samrudha Odisha’ regional party.
Majhi is one of the 12 tribal legislators in the 33-member BJP legislature party. He had defeated former chief minister Hemananda Biswal in the last assembly elections.
- BJP expels Jammu and Kashmir leader Chaman Lal Gupta (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- BJP expels Jammu and Kashmir leader Chaman Lal Gupta - Jun 01, 2011
- Court quashes Odisha speaker's ruling on BJP legislator - Jun 18, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers - Jun 01, 2012
- CPI-M expels former party MP for indiscipline - Jun 11, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik suspends Mohapatra, drops two ministers (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Turncoats in demand as parties scramble for candidates - Apr 10, 2009
- Turncoats in demand as parties scramble for candidates (Reissuing with correction in paragraph 13th) - Apr 10, 2009
- BJP suspends sitting legislator after name appears in Congress list - Oct 07, 2011
- BSP suspends party MP for indiscipline and fund misuse - Sep 21, 2011
- Mayawati suspends legislator - Sep 29, 2011
- Congress shutdown paralyses life in Odisha (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Presidential polls: Fear of poaching haunts Chhattisgarh parties - Jul 10, 2012
- Another legislator quits BJP in Orissa - Mar 10, 2009
- Himachal BJP seeks explanation from outspoken legislator - Jun 14, 2012