BJP promises Rs.20 million compensation over landNovember 18th, 2008 - 4:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday pledged to give Rs.20 million for every acre of land acquired from farmers in the Indian capital — if it wins elections in Delhi.Releasing the party’s manifesto, BJP’s chief ministerial candidate V.K. Malhotra also vowed to review and modify the hugely controversial Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system in south Delhi.
“We will work for statehood status for Delhi, if elected to power,” he said.
Among the other promises the manifesto makes are giving one time amnesty for unauthorised colonies, forcing out Bangladeshis staying illegally in Delhi, and setting up 50 new colleges.
Malhotra said Rs.20 million per acre would be paid as compensation to farmers if the government acquired their land for development projects.
The Commonwealth Village would be constructed six months before the 2010 Games start, he added.
The BJP is trying to dethrone the Congress, which has ruled Delhi since 1998. Elections in the capital are due Nov 29.
- BJP promises to make Delhi 'one of the best cities in the world' (Lead) - Nov 18, 2008
- No constitutional breakdown in Delhi, asserts Dikshit - Nov 26, 2010
- Anti-builder rally by farmers in Greater Noida Saturday - Mar 23, 2012
- No new taxes, medical college: BJP promises for civic polls - Apr 08, 2012
- In spotlight: Haryana's land acquisition policy - Aug 30, 2010
- Posco's Karnataka steel plant plans in doldrums - Jul 14, 2011
- Congress hits back on Gurgaon land issue (Lead) - Aug 03, 2011
- Pilfered CWG funds could have helped Delhi's Dalits: Mayawati - Jun 17, 2011
- Punjab not to acquire land without owners' consent - Sep 06, 2010
- Haryana likely to enhance land acquisition rates - Aug 31, 2010
- Singur farmers have the right to take back land: SUCI-C - Jun 29, 2012
- Punjab won't acquire Zirakpur land without farmers' consent - Nov 03, 2011
- Build one lakh houses for poor: Kamal Nath - Aug 31, 2012
- HC slams Delhi government for land acquisition - Mar 10, 2012
- Notice to Delhi, central governments on unauthorised colonies - Feb 17, 2012