BJP promises Delhi uninterrupted electricity, water If voted to powerOctober 5th, 2008 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 5 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) chief ministerial candidate Vijay Kumar Malhotra Sunday said that he would ensure uninterrupted power and water supply in the Indian capital if his party was voted to power in the coming assembly elections.”The BJP government will take definite steps to make the life of the inhabitants easier by ensuring an uninterrupted power and water supply at fair and reasonable rates,” said Malhotra in his first press conference after being named as the BJP’s chief ministerial candidate.
Malhotra also said that a BJP administration would seek to make Delhi pollution free at the earliest, improve its drainage system, turn Delhi into a green city, ban plastic bags and implement all environmental laws.
“The promises made by the DISCOMS at the time of privatization of the Delhi Vidyut Board would be the basis of the solution of the power problem,” Malhotra added.
He also said that his party would tackle the spate of crimes and ensure the safety of women and the elderly.
- Sheila to approach power ministry over grid overdraw - May 23, 2012
- Delhi to extend financial help to BSES - Dec 27, 2011
- Taj city frets in dark despite privatisation - Oct 23, 2011
- Global image prompted stand on power tariff: Delhi government - Jun 10, 2010
- BJP to field Uma Bharti in UP polls - Jan 19, 2012
- Power woes: Sonia's whisper stronger than SC order - Sep 02, 2012
- Akhilesh promises action on Agra projects, power complaints - Sep 10, 2012
- No new taxes, medical college: BJP promises for civic polls - Apr 08, 2012
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Allow consumers to choose electricity source: CII - Oct 30, 2011
- Decision on prime ministerial candidate at appropriate time: BJP - Sep 10, 2012
- Green activist ends fast after government accepts demands (Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Akhilesh lays foundation of 1,980 MW power plant - Jun 12, 2012
- Sharad Yadav rejects Advani's prediction on 2014 polls - Aug 06, 2012