BJP legislators demand Omar’s resignationDecember 13th, 2011 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Dec 13 (IANS) Bhartiya Janta Party legislators Tuesday demanded the resignation of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah for his failure to prevent terrorist attacks in Jammu and Kashmir and also for raking up an “unnecessary controversy” over the revocation of the Armed Forces Special Powers Act from the state.
“Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is a complete failure on all fronts. The terrorists have become emboldened by his call for the removal of AFSPA from the state, as was evident by the terrorist attack on Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar on Sunday evening,” said senior legislator and chief whip of the BJP Ashok Khajuria at a press conference here Tuesday.
At the press conference, the BJP leader counted the failures of the Omar Abdullah government and demanded that Omar step down and make way for an alternative government.
Khajuria said the National Conference-Congress alliance government has proven that it is incapable of dealing with terrorism effectively.
“It is unfortunate that Omar has encouraged terrorists by his campaign against the AFSPA, and equally unfortunate is the fact that other senior leaders of the National Conference, including Omar’s uncle Sheikh Mustafa Kamal, have openly started speaking against the army.”
- Omar meets Antony on AFSPA ahead of state cabinet meet - Nov 13, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Removing AFSPA no reflection on army, says Omar - Oct 27, 2011
- Poll victory shows alliance unity: Omar - Apr 13, 2011
- Kashmir cabinet meet on AFSPA postponed? - Nov 16, 2011
- Can Kashmir afford Omar-army confrontation? (Kashmir Newsletter) - Nov 13, 2011
- BJP demands Omar's resignation - Oct 23, 2011
- AFSPA shadow on Jammu Unified Command meet - Nov 04, 2011
- Farooq Abdullah asks brother to quit as party spokesman - Nov 10, 2011
- Panels to speed up recommendations on AFSPA - Nov 09, 2011
- Centre silent on misdeeds of Omar government: PDP - Nov 15, 2011
- National Conference-Congress to meet - Oct 30, 2011
- NC worried over Mustafa Kamal's outburst - Nov 23, 2011
- Omar wants talks on AFSPA removal speeded up - Jan 28, 2012
- National Conference accuses BJP of arousing communal passions - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, afspa, ali mohammad, alliance government, ashok, bjp leader, chief minister, chief whip, congress alliance, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, legislator, legislators, mustafa kamal, parliamentary affairs, resignation, revocation, sagar, state chief, sunday evening