BJP legislator accuses Jharkhand officer of abusing himDecember 18th, 2008 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 18 (IANS) The Jharkhand assembly Thursday witnessed uproarious scenes after a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator alleged that a top state bureaucrat abused him publicly.The BJP, the main opposition party in the state, accused top official Kanaiha Pandey of the Koderma district of insulting Chitranjan Yadav.
“I was insulted by the Koderma deputy commissioner in a marriage function Dec 5. (Pandey) told me that my blood is impure and abused me in front of hundreds of people,” Yadav told the house.
Yadav and the district officer had a heated exchange of words last month when the legislator had gone to meet Pandey for some development related work. Yadav has filed a privilege motion against the official in the house.
Jharkhand assembly speaker Aalam Gir Aalam has ordered a probe into the allegations.
“I have issued notice to the Koderma district official. Suitable action will be taken if he is found guilty of abusing the legislator,” the speaker told the house, amid pandemonium.
The opposition members demanded immediate transfer of the officer and a special house committee to probe the incident.
“Government will take action as per recommendation of the privilege motion committee. The opposition members should have faith in the probe of the privilege motion committee,” said Parliamentary Affairs Minister Stephen Marandi, who is also the deputy chief minister.
The protesting opposition members calmed down after Chief Minister Shibu Soren assured the house that he would look into the issue and, if needed, the accused officer would be transferred.
- Chhattisgarh killing issue rocks assembly - Jul 13, 2012
- Government apologises after Ambedkar cartoon row (Second Lead) - May 11, 2012
- BJP moves privilege notice against PM in cash-for-vote scam - Mar 22, 2011
- Uproar in Parliament over PM privilege motion - Mar 22, 2011
- UP assembly opens on stormy note - May 28, 2012
- Tripura assembly sees chaos; 'Fake SC status' of ruling Left MLA - Sep 21, 2012
- BJP to serve breach of privilege notice against PM - Mar 21, 2011
- Left Front accuses Mamata of ignoring assembly proceedings - Jun 21, 2012
- Trinamool moves against ex-Congress MLA - Sep 21, 2012
- MPs outraged over Team Anna's remarks, Lok Sabha adjourned (Second Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Andhra assembly session kicks off on stormy note - Dec 01, 2011
- Rajya Sabha names JPC members; business as usual in houses (Intro Roundup) - Mar 02, 2011
- After bedlam, UP assembly adjourned till Tuesday (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Day 9 of parliament adjournment, JPC deadlock continues (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Parliament adjourned again as JPC deadlock continues (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010