BJP lawmaker claims Delhi overpaid for new low floor busesSeptember 12th, 2008 - 10:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party lawmaker from Delhi Vijay Jolly Friday accused the Congress government here of pocketing over Rs.1.53 billion while ordering low-floor buses and demanded an enquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation. Jolly raised the issue Friday in the Delhi assembly.
“DTC (Delhi Transport Corporation) had ordered for purchase of 625 non-A.C. and 25 A.C. low-floor CNG buses. Till date 426 non-A.C. and 25 A.C. low-floor buses have been inducted. The remaining 207 non A.C. low-floor buses are likely to be received by October 2008,” Jolly told the house.
“The buses have been purchased from Tata Motors. The Delhi government was charged nearly Rs.4.1 million for every non-A.C. bus. The total cost of non-A.C. buses purchased by the government is nearly Rs.2.58 billion,” he added.
“However, similar kind of low-floor non-A.C. buses were purchased by the Metropolitan Transport Corporation of Chennai from Ashok Leyland in 2006-07 for only Rs.1.6 million per bus and in 2007-08 for only Rs 1.68 million per bus.”
He said: “These figures clearly show that the Delhi government has purchased low-floor buses at inflated cost price, causing loss to the public exchequer to the tune of around Rs.1.53 billion.”
Jolly told IANS: “The minister concerned didn’t care to reply to this. I am not going to stop here. I will complain about this to the Central Vigilance Commission.”
- Delhi bus fares may be hiked - Jan 03, 2012
- Delhi ordered to pay more than Rs.100 crore to Ashok Leyland - May 13, 2011
- Cluster bus service launched in Delhi - May 05, 2011
- Low-floor buses bought at high cost: CAG - Aug 05, 2011
- 200 low floor DTC buses launched - May 02, 2010
- Bus fires send Delhi government into tizzy - Dec 03, 2009
- More Bluelines going out, private low-floors being introduced - Dec 28, 2010
- Delhi government fines Tata Motors Rs.4 crore (Lead) - Dec 14, 2009
- Millennium Park bus depot - courtesy Games - Oct 01, 2010
- 500 more low-floor buses to ply on Delhi roads - Sep 29, 2010
- Delhi government fines Tata Motors Rs.4 crore - Dec 14, 2009
- 107 low floor buses flagged off in Delhi - Oct 04, 2009
- Women to get free bus rides on Rakhi day - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi to soon be power-surplus state: Dikshit - Aug 15, 2010
- CWG makeover? DTC back to plying old buses (Year after CWG) - Oct 01, 2011