BJP lawmaker, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya killingsAugust 31st, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Aug 31 (IANS) A special Gujarat court Friday sentenced Bharatiya Janata Party legislator and former Gujarat minister Maya Kodnani to 28 years in jail for her involvement in the 2002 post-Godhra riots in Naroda Patiya where 97 Muslims were killed.
Former Bajrang Dal leader Babu Bajrangi, who was also convicted in the case, has been awarded life imprisonment till death, while the other 30 convicts were also awarded life terms.
More than 10 years after a mob hacked and burnt to death the 97 Muslims in Naroda Patiya here Feb 28, 2002, the special court had Wednesday convicted 32 people, including Kodnani and Bajrangi, for the massacre.
The special court in Ahmedabad also acquitted 29 people.
- BJP legislator, 31 others get life terms for Naroda Patiya carnage (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister among 32 convicted (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- 32 convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre - Aug 29, 2012
- Bajrangi said he felt like Rana Pratap after Naroda killings - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda Patiya massacre: Ex-minister Kodnani, 31 convicted (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Gujarat riot victims hail life terms for accused - Aug 31, 2012
- BJP downplays ex-Gujarat minister's conviction - Aug 29, 2012
- Naroda witnesses happy with court verdict (With Image) - Aug 29, 2012
- Kodnani conviction shows rule of law in Gujarat: BJP - Sep 01, 2012
- Government cannot be linked to 2002 massacre: Gujarat - Aug 29, 2012
- BJP mum on Maya Kodnani's sentence - Aug 31, 2012
- Gujarat riots: Plea to cancel bail of accused admitted - Aug 16, 2010
- Minister's involvement only with Modi's consent: Congress on Naroda - Aug 29, 2012
- Riot accused gets more time to reply to lawyer's charge - Jun 26, 2010
- NGO files plea before Gujarat riots commission - May 14, 2010