BJP hopes to rein in rebels in Madhya PradeshNovember 7th, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Nov 7 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party’s Madhya Pradesh unit president Narendra Singh Tomar here Friday claimed all the rebels would be persuaded to withdraw from the contest and start working for the party by November 10 when the party formally launches its campaign for the Nov 27 polls. “The BJP formally launches its campaign from all 50 district headquarters November 10, highlighting the ruling BJP government’s achievements as well as tell the people about the discrimination by the central government towards BJP-ruled states,” Tomar said.
Admitting there were dissidents in the party, Tomar told reporters the reason was that the BJP’s base had expanded and so the ticket aspirants too had increased.
The BJP leader said his party has fielded 23 women candidates and 45 youth for the assembly elections and that one seat, Katni’s Bahoriband seat, was left for the Janata Dal (United), its national ally. The party has fielded a tribal from Sheopur district’s unreserved Vijaypur constituency.
Tomar denied AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh’s charge that the RSS was involved in bomb-making and defended Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, saying that she was being harassed with allegations of involvement in Malegaon bombing.
- Ajmer blast case: Swami Asimanand sent to judicial custody till Nov. 30 - Nov 20, 2010
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Ajmer blast case: CBI arrests 'mastermind' Swami Asimanand in Haridwar - Nov 19, 2010
- Akali Dal-BJP win 68 seats in Punjab - Mar 06, 2012
- Court accepts plea by Sadhvi Pragya's aide - Jan 17, 2011
- Pragya Thakur alleges Sonia, Digvijay, Pawar behind Malegaon blasts - Apr 26, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragya arrested in Sunil Joshi murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Pragya associate attempts suicide, claims torture - Jan 05, 2011
- Digvijay now targets Advani, BJP seeks apology from Congress - Dec 12, 2010
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Pragya Thakur to be lodged in Bhopal jail - Mar 13, 2012
- RSS admits links with Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand - Feb 02, 2011
- BJP, Shiv Sena slam Digvijay Singh over controversial remarks on Karkare - Dec 12, 2010
- Jailed Malegaon blast accused allowed AC train travel (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011