BJP government in Karnataka communalising the state: CongressFebruary 6th, 2009 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) The Congress party Friday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Karnataka of communalising the state, “which has led to the deterioration of the law and order situation”.”The Congress strongly condemns the blatant move by the BJP government to saffronise and Talibanise the state. These covert and overt acts by the Yeddyurappa government have resulted in a total deterioration of the law and order situation in Karnataka,” Congress spokesperson Jayanti Natarajan told reporters here.
Natarajan also charged Arvind Limbavalli, the state’s education minister, of “inculcating hatred against the minorities” in colleges and universities of Karnataka.
“Such attempts would communalise the young minds which can be destructive to communal harmony. This will have the effect of subverting the war against terror from within,” she said.
Natarjan criticised the Karnataka chief minister’s actions after the infamous pub incident in Mangalore and accused him of supporting the attackers.
“The entire country has reacted with shock and horror to violent attacks in Karnataka against the helpless young women during the infamous Mangalore pub attack. The chief minister, instead of taking steps to protect women, has asserted his intention to stamp out pub culture, thereby conveying his support to Sri Rama Sene and its leader (Pramod) Muthalik,” she said.
- Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CM - Jul 18, 2012
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Rama Sene chief apologises for Mangalore attack (Lead) - Jan 28, 2009
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Girls thrashed at Karnataka's Mangalore for partying - Jul 28, 2012
- Protests against moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 29, 2012
- What has happened to my beloved Mangalore? (Comment) - May 26, 2010
- Mangalore hooligans get bail, their leader promises to behave (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene not to support BJP in general elections - Apr 04, 2009
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
- Four more held for moral policing in Karnataka - Jul 30, 2012
- Mangalore pub attack against Indian ethos: Advani - Feb 28, 2009