BJP giving cash to voters in Himachal, complains CongressNovember 26th, 2011 - 10:56 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Nov 26 (IANS) The Congress’s Himachal Pradesh unit Saturday lodged a complaint with the poll panel against the state’s ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) for distributing money among voters to influence them in the Renuka assembly constituency bypoll.
A complaint has been lodged with the chief election commissioner over the seizure of unaccounted money from BJP activists in Sangrah area Friday, Congress spokesperson Kuldeep Rathore told reporters here.
He said the Congress activists caught two people who were distributing money among the voters.
One of them was a close aide of Transport and Urban Development Minister Mohinder Singh, he said.
The Congress has also demanded deployment of central forces during the Nov 30 bypoll in Renuka (reserved) and Nalagarh constituencies.
Meanwhile, the BJP has refuted the allegations.
“The (seized) money was kept for meeting election expenses,” party spokesperson Ganesh Dutt said.
- Congress alleges voter bribery - Nov 25, 2011
- 194 nonagenarians to cast vote in Himachal bypolls - Nov 28, 2011
- Millions vote in by-polls in six states (Roundup) - Nov 30, 2011
- Over 72 percent turnout for Himachal by-polls - Nov 30, 2011
- BJP wrests Congress bastion in Himachal, loses another - Dec 04, 2011
- Voting on amid tight security in Andhra by-polls (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Bypolls for two Himachal constituencies Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- About 50 percent polling in Andhra by-polls (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Congress wins two bypolls, BJP drubbed in Karnataka (Roundup) - Dec 04, 2011
- 80 percent turnout in Andhra by-polls (Night Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Heavy, peaceful turnout in Andhra by-polls (Third Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- President's son quizzed over Rs.1 crore seizure - Feb 21, 2012
- Ajit Jogi bribed voters: BJP - May 05, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh bypoll turns prestige issue for Congress, BJP - Jun 24, 2011
- Haryana bypolls: HJC-BJP wins Adampur, Congress wrests Ratia - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: activists, allegations, bjp, chief election commissioner, congress, constituencies, constituency, deployment, development minister, election expenses, himachal pradesh, kuldeep, mohinder singh, money, party spokesperson, poll, rathore, seizure, shimla, transport and urban development