BJP gives party job to ‘cash for query’ accusedAugust 25th, 2008 - 4:16 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Aug 25 (IANS) Former Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Pradeep Gandhi, tainted in the 2005 ‘cash-for-query-scam’, has now been made in-charge of the party’s election control room in Chhattisgarh. He was expelled from parliament following a sting operation in which 11 MPs were caught accepting money for posing questions in the house.Gandhi, who was Lok Sabha MP from the state’s Rajnandgaon constituency, had also been suspended from the party following the expose called ‘Operation Duryodhan’.
The BJP, which has been in power in Chhattisgarh since December 2003, wants to pull off a second straight win in the forthcoming November polls, and has rehabilitated Gandhi assigning him the job to monitor poll-related developments.
As in-charge of the BJP state election control room, Gandhi will track all election-related movements and rush resources to leaders campaigning across the state, the party said in a statement Monday.
The control room was set up at the state party headquarters ‘Ekatm Parisar’ here Sunday. The inaugural function was attended by Chief Minister Raman Singh, state BJP president Vishnudeo Sai and MP Ramesh Bais.
The opposition Congress has ridiculed Gandhi’s rehabilitation. “Now Gandhi will inspire BJP on how to retain power,” remarked state party spokesman Ramesh Varlyani.
- BJP faces flak for reinstating tainted leader - Aug 26, 2010
- BJP consolidates lead in Bastar Lok Sabha seat (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- BJP faces tough fight in Chhattisgarh by-poll - Feb 05, 2011
- BJP wins Bastar for fifth consecutive time (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Bastar is ours, say both BJP and Congress - May 10, 2011
- Ajit Jogi bribed voters: BJP - May 05, 2011
- 'Raman effect': BJP wins 10 of Chhattisgarh's 11 seats (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- BJP silent over Congress' charges of selling dam - Jan 21, 2011
- Tainted Gandhi disappears after BJP dumps him - Aug 28, 2008
- Congress says it will win Bastar by-poll - Apr 27, 2011
- BJP gags Chhattisgarh seniors over CAG report - Apr 09, 2012
- Congress, BJP spar over Sonia's cartoon - Aug 06, 2010
- Congress scraps plan to show black flags to Gadkari - Sep 02, 2010
- Congress, BJP MPs join hands for Chhattisgarh development - Jul 07, 2009
- Congress picks royal scion as candidate for Chhattisgarh by-poll - Sep 10, 2010