BJP forces three Lok Sabha adjournmentsSeptember 5th, 2011 - 6:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 5 (IANS) The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday repeatedly demanded the recall of Gujarat Governor Kamla Beniwal over appointing a Lokyukta without consulting state chief minister Narendra Modi, forcing three adjournments of the Lok Sabha till 4 p.m.
The trouble began immediately after the house met for the day with Speaker Meira Kumar calling for taking up the question hour. However, the BJP MPs raised slogans pressing for their demand and several of them rushed towards the speaker’s podium. With the BJP MPs unrelenting, Meira Kumar adjourned the house till noon.
Similar scenes were witnessed when the house met again, but Deputy Speaker Karia Munda rushed through some of the day’s business of laying papers in the house. But he could not continue for long and had to adjourn the house till 2 p.m.
Post-lunch, the BJP MPs were again at their slogan shouting, demanding the Gujarat governor’s recall. As the BJP MPs crowded close to her podium, Meira Kumar adjourned the house till 4 p.m., the third in the day, soon after the house had agreed to drop the impeachment motion against former Calcutta High Court judge Soumitra Sen following his resignation.
- Gujarat Lokayukta rocks parliament for third day - Sep 05, 2011
- Parliament stalled over Gujarat Lokayukta issue - Sep 02, 2011
- Lok Sabha adjourned till Tuesday over Assam, Mumbai (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal saga (Second Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- BJP sticks to 'quit PM' demand (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day over Gujarat Lokayukta issue - Sep 02, 2011
- Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day - Sep 06, 2011
- Coal fuels parliament disruptions for sixth day (Second Lead) - Aug 28, 2012
- BJP demands Chidambaram's resignation, disrupts parliament (Lead) - Aug 10, 2011
- Parliament adjourned for the day over coal saga (Third Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Lok Sabha adjourned till 2 p.m. over Assam violence (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Congress, opposition stall parliament over Telangana - Mar 03, 2011
- Both houses of parliament adjourned again - Nov 24, 2011
- After 13 days of disruption, monsoon session ends (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Parliament again disrupted over coal scam - Aug 23, 2012
Tags: bjp, calcutta high court, chief minister, court judge, deputy speaker, gujarat, impeachment motion, kamla, karia, Lok Sabha, meira kumar, munda, narendra modi, New Delhi, opposition, podium, resignation, slogan, slogans, state chief