BJP demands removal of Jharkhand governorFebruary 4th, 2009 - 4:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 4 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Wednesday demanded the removal of Jharkhand governor Syed Sibte Razi, accusing him of sending a wrong state expenditure report to the central government and of retaining key portfolios.”Razi is the first governor in India who has kept key portfolios despite appointing three advisors. The governor has also sent a wrong report to the central government regarding the expenditure of the state,” Raghubar Das, state BJP president told IANS.
Das said: “The governor last week sent a report to the central government saying the expenditure from the state coffer was Rs.48 billion, but the fact is that only Rs.32 billion has been withdrawn from the state treasury till Monday. There is a gap of Rs.16 billion in the governor’s report”.
“The Governor has kept key portfolios like road, mines and other departments. Razi has surpassed former Bihar governor Buta Singh. Even Buta Singh had not kept any portfolio as the Bihar governor,” he said.
Buta Singh was removed from the governor’s post after the Supreme Court had termed his recommendation to dissolve the Bihar state assembly in 2005 as a wrong decision.
Das also questioned the appointment of a second Officer on Special Duty (OSD).
“Razi appointed Avinash Kumar as his OSD despite having senior IAS officer Sudhir Tripathy as his OSD. Kumar is also holding additional charge of two departments,” Das said.
“We demand removal of the governor and a fair probe into the matter. When the central government has appointed three advisors then why is Razi holding portfolios? The portfolios should be distributed among advisors,” Das added.
“From Feb 12 we will surround the governor’s house with party workers to press for the dissolution of the state assembly,” Das said.
Das said: “More than 100,000 party workers will participate in the agitation. When no alliance has come forward to form the government then why has the state assembly been kept in suspended animation. President’s rule is no solution to a political crisis. Fresh election is the only option in the state”.
- Corruption, instability mark 10 years of Jharkhand - Nov 12, 2010
- BJP demands probe in Razi's role during central rule in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2009
- Jharkhand suspends senior IAS officer on corruption charges - Aug 25, 2009
- Houses of former Jharkhand governor's aides raided - Aug 03, 2009
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009
- Former Jharkhand governor's aide faces graft charges (Lead) - Aug 03, 2009
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- Congress, RJD protecting their leaders in Bihar: BJP - Jul 21, 2010
- Jharkhand plans to appoint two more advisors - May 19, 2011
- Bihar assembly committee to probe 'health scam' - Aug 09, 2012
- Koda scam probe may be handed over to CBI: Maken - Nov 28, 2009
- Gandhi confidant Pulok Chatterjee joins PMO - Oct 03, 2011
- Himachal budget March 19 - Feb 13, 2012
- Puducherry Ll.governor denies he got summons from ED - Apr 16, 2011
- Poll panel orders covering Mayawati statues, shifts officials (Third Lead) - Jan 07, 2012